Category Archives: Wet N WIld
I’m not going to go on and on about Wet N Wild’s Poison Ivy, because you have eyes. You can see how gorgeous it is. I really love the formula on WNW’s Megalast polishes, this is 2 coats, but you can get away with one. Poison Ivy has that “glow from within” quality that I am loving right now. A small word of warning, the brush on this is not my favorite. I like a wider, stiffer brush, but this brush seems stiffer than normal, and it’s too wide for my pinky finger 😦 I shall deal with it.
Poison Ivy is part of the limited edition Pick Your Poison collection, and retails for $1.99. I picked up several polishes from this collection during CVS Wet N Wild BOGOFREE sale earlier this week. Good luck finding these, the WNW limited edition collections are notoriously hard to find, but eventually they start popping up. Definitely pick this one up!
I spent Labor Day at the beach, and I decided to wear one of my favorite neons for the weekend. This is 3 coats of Tip Your Waitress and the formula is great. Even the brush is good with this bottle! God I love a good neon. And a $1.99 neon? Even better! This is one of the few polishes I can wear for several days. It does shrink a bit with Seche Vite, but I’m not bothered by it. More pics behind the cut!
This is one of several colors I purchased this weekend. I have seen many swatches of this color and thought it would be a nice neutral to add to my collection. Like I don’t have enough of those. But I had a coupon and that makes all the difference! It can be springy, or wintery and seems like it would be a nice base for the rare adventure into nail art. I’m transitioning into fall colors but I’m not quite ready to go into dark colors full time yet. I like Provence. Formula was decent at two coats, but its a bit runny. It’s nice, not loud, but has just enough purple in it that it doesn’t look mannequin handsy. But I was in the mood for a little something extra.
I made a pact with myself that I wouldn’t buy anymore polishes (after Wednesday when ULTA is doing their Butter London BOGOFREE deal that is) until I worked my way through some of my untrieds. As I was digging around in my stash, I found Wet N Wild’s Speak When Spoken To. CAN YOU BELIEVE I ALMOST PURGED THIS IN MAY WITHOUT TRYING IT?!? I told Jess that and she nearly killed me. It turned out to be just the right touch for a couple of accent nails. If I hadn’t spent any hour removing my previous manicure due to staining and glitter, and wasn’t planning to take this off tomorrow so I can do a USA themed manicure for Tuesday, I may have done all ten fingers in this glitter. It’s so subtle I don’t feel weird about wearing this into the office at all.
Revlon ranges from $4.99-$7.99 depending in where your buy it. Wet N Wild Color Icon glitter were $3.99 when they were released as a limited edition. You can still find the random one in stores, I picked mine up for $1.49 on clearance at Rite Aid.
Cross posted to my personal blog, Made In The 80s!
Today we have another mani inspired by my friend Gina. She was a fellow reindeer at Santarchy this weekend, and she did some awesome nail art for the occasion. I’m not ambitious or talented enough to attempt the reindeer art, but even I was able to attempt the Santa suit portion of the manicure. I happen to resemble a candy cane with my outfit today, so between that, and my nails, I am possibly the most festively dressed person in the DMV area. For a tutorial, and an “artsy fartsy” shot of my manicure, hit the jump!
- Essie Cocktail Bling Collection now on sale.
- Buy ANY 2 Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools, get $6 EC Bucks w/ EC Card. Limit 1 per household w/ card. Includes nail polish.
- REVLON TOP SPEED Nail Polish, on sale for. $3.99, get $3 Register Rewards. Limit one per printed offer.
- Essie Luxeffects should now be in store, $8.
- Not Nail Polish Related, but $1 off coupon for EcoTools Brushes/Set. These are my fave drugstore brushes.
- Jingle Cash Starts!!! (See image for details)
- Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack, pay $9.99, get $3 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- Wet n Wild Little Luxuries set (9 minis), pay $4.99, get $2 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- BOGO50%OFF Nail Enamel, choose from Sally Hansen, Crackle, LA Girl Crackle, CG, Chameleon, Petites or Color Fevers. Possibly Sinful Colors since the picture is shown, but brand not listed. That’s irritating.
- Jesse’s Girl and Styli Style Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF, and get $2 +UP Rewards when you buy $10 worth of JG or SS products.
- ALL Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools are BOGO50%OFF.
- B2G1FREE on Orly and China Glaze Nail Enamel. CG Eye Candy and Orly Mineral FX lines now in store.
- Butter London Nail Polish in Yummy Mummy and Powder Room Polish Remover set, $15 (a $19 value).
- Butter London Holiday Glitter Trio, $36 ($42 value)
- OPI Holiday Dynamic Duos $14.95. Includes a polish and matching lip gloss.
- OPI Glamour Duos, $14.95. Two full size polishes and a set of toe separators.
- Buy 2 OPI polishes, get a free base or top coat.
- OPI Best of the Best 10pc mini packs (2), $24.95 each.
- Ulta Paint the Town or Glitterati 4pk Mini-polish sets, $4.99 each.
- Ulta Lust in Lace 5pc mini pack, $9.95 (LOOKS GORGEOUS)
- Ulta Brand cosmetics/nail polish BOGOFREE, PLUS FREE GIFT
Sally Beauty Supply
- Free Wallet with Purchase of any 3 Finger Paints nail enamels
- China Glaze nail enamel, 2/$10 (excludes crackle, metallic crackle, and Eye Candy)
- Stripe Rite Paint, $2.99
- $.99 Sally Girl Holiday Collection
- $1.99 Mini Bottle of China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- $7.99 for Beauty Secrets hard case 5pc manicure set.
- $9.99 Orly Sets, 3 FULL SIZE bottle of polish, and either a purple suede wristlet (Birds of a Feather Set) OR a pair of mittens.
- $9.99 China Glaze Holiday Spirits set, 3 shades and a wine stopper.
- $7.99 China Glaze gift sets
- $9.99 As Seen On TV Nail Stamping set
- Nicole by OPI Nail Color or Texture, $6.50
- BOGO50%OFF Sally Hansen Nail Enamel with Wellness+ card
- Revlon Cosmetics and Beauty tools BOGO50%OFF with wellness+ card. (Excludes Top Speed Nail Enamel)
- Rimmel Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF with Wellness+ card.
- BOGO50%OFF ALL Revlon Cosmetics with EC Card. (Limit 6)
- “Salon Nail Color or Treatment starting at $5.95” are eligible for the Buy $30 in specially marked products, receive a $10 gift card promotion. A good time to stock up AND get Christmas shopping done?
- BOGO50%OFF ALL Rimmel Cosmetic. In addition to their Lasting Finish Pro line, I’ve become a HUGE fan of their Moisture Renew Lip Gloss.
- $3 off any $10 Hand or Body Lotion purchase.
- ALL Wet n Wild products w/ regular retail price $0.99 are on sale for $0.69 each through Wednesday, 11/30.
- $3.50 off $10 purchase. Coupon available.
- Free Shipping of orders of $25 or more.
- Cyber Monday Deals– including 3pk Butter London sets for $36.
- $9.99 Sally Hansen CSM 3pk gift sets, and NOPI ICYCOLOR 4pk mini- set
- $9.99 Ulta Pink Beauty Tool Set.
- Buy 2 bottles of OPI polish, Get a Free Base Coat or Top Coat, an $8.50 value!
- All Revlon Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF
- Get $5 Ulta Cash for Every $20 you spend 11/27-12/3, REDEEM $5 in Ulta Cash for every $20 you spend 12/4-12/10
- Scrapbook Storage (melmers) are 40% off. There is also a coupon for 50% off one Regular Priced Item. Get two!! You’ll need it.
Wet N Wild might be my favorite nail color brand. They make fun glitters, classic colors, are inexpensive, and, for the most part, have pretty good quality formulas. Apart from one horrific color, I can’t think of a bottle that I’ve tossed. And for $1.99, I’m not too picky.
1 coat Wet N Wild Clear
3 coats Wet N Wild Megalast- Bite The Bullet
No top coat
Bite The Bullet is a grey leaning lavender creme. I found the formula a bit thin and runny, so being heavy-handed in polish application isn’t the way to go here. However, there aren’t any streaking issues, so a third coat only proves problematic if patience is not your virtue. I was surprised how much I liked this color since I sort of bought it on impulse at Walmart. Being a lighter purple, it goes well with my skintone, and is just dusty-dirty enough that I would qualify it as a fall purple in addition to being a springy purple. For $1.99 it’s an unbeatable greyish lavender, a color that is pretty popular right now.
Wet N Wild Polishes run between $1-$2 in most drug store, and Target/Walmart/Kmart. However, they are currently on sale 30% off at CVS and BOGO1/2OFF at Rite Aid. It’s a great time to pick up some items from the new lines, or stock up on some old favorites!