Category Archives: Zoya
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope you’ve all had a good holiday season and got lots of pretty polishes. The first major release of 2012 has landed, and it’s for Zoya’s two new lines, Fleck, and True. These colors look fantastic and we can’t wait to swatch them!
These will retail at $8 and will be available on Zoya’s website beginning January 13. What colors are you most excited for?
- Essie Cocktail Bling Collection now on sale.
- Buy ANY 2 Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools, get $6 EC Bucks w/ EC Card. Limit 1 per household w/ card. Includes nail polish.
- REVLON TOP SPEED Nail Polish, on sale for. $3.99, get $3 Register Rewards. Limit one per printed offer.
- Essie Luxeffects should now be in store, $8.
- Not Nail Polish Related, but $1 off coupon for EcoTools Brushes/Set. These are my fave drugstore brushes.
- Jingle Cash Starts!!! (See image for details)
- Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack, pay $9.99, get $3 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- Wet n Wild Little Luxuries set (9 minis), pay $4.99, get $2 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- BOGO50%OFF Nail Enamel, choose from Sally Hansen, Crackle, LA Girl Crackle, CG, Chameleon, Petites or Color Fevers. Possibly Sinful Colors since the picture is shown, but brand not listed. That’s irritating.
- Jesse’s Girl and Styli Style Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF, and get $2 +UP Rewards when you buy $10 worth of JG or SS products.
- ALL Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools are BOGO50%OFF.
- B2G1FREE on Orly and China Glaze Nail Enamel. CG Eye Candy and Orly Mineral FX lines now in store.
- Butter London Nail Polish in Yummy Mummy and Powder Room Polish Remover set, $15 (a $19 value).
- Butter London Holiday Glitter Trio, $36 ($42 value)
- OPI Holiday Dynamic Duos $14.95. Includes a polish and matching lip gloss.
- OPI Glamour Duos, $14.95. Two full size polishes and a set of toe separators.
- Buy 2 OPI polishes, get a free base or top coat.
- OPI Best of the Best 10pc mini packs (2), $24.95 each.
- Ulta Paint the Town or Glitterati 4pk Mini-polish sets, $4.99 each.
- Ulta Lust in Lace 5pc mini pack, $9.95 (LOOKS GORGEOUS)
- Ulta Brand cosmetics/nail polish BOGOFREE, PLUS FREE GIFT
Sally Beauty Supply
- Free Wallet with Purchase of any 3 Finger Paints nail enamels
- China Glaze nail enamel, 2/$10 (excludes crackle, metallic crackle, and Eye Candy)
- Stripe Rite Paint, $2.99
- $.99 Sally Girl Holiday Collection
- $1.99 Mini Bottle of China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- $7.99 for Beauty Secrets hard case 5pc manicure set.
- $9.99 Orly Sets, 3 FULL SIZE bottle of polish, and either a purple suede wristlet (Birds of a Feather Set) OR a pair of mittens.
- $9.99 China Glaze Holiday Spirits set, 3 shades and a wine stopper.
- $7.99 China Glaze gift sets
- $9.99 As Seen On TV Nail Stamping set
- Nicole by OPI Nail Color or Texture, $6.50
I wanted to get a Zoya polish or two up since they are having that great deal running right now. I bought Edyta mostly because I thought she would look gooooooooooooorgeous mattefied, and I was right. She’s such a great polish, alllllmost a one-coater. It probably could be if it was a thick enough coat. But I used two here. The Zoya website describes Edyta as “a complex mixture of gold, olive, blue-green and smoky grey with a sparkling metallic finish.” That sounds about right! When I was looking at swatches of Edyta before I purchased her, I thought she might resemble L’Oreal’s Owl’s Night but she’s much more green and gold than Owl’s Night. And Butter London’s Wallis is more olive and gold. I definitely do not have anything else like this in my ever-growing collection. I’m really glad I bought her, and highly recommend you do the same with the great People Promotion they are running.
I’ve never tried Zoya polishes before. But Zoya was running a free shipping promo, so I bought Cynthia and Tao. Both are part of the Fall 2011 Smoke and Mirrors collection, Cynthia is under the Smoke side. I love how Zoya names all of their polishes after females. I won’t lie though. I’m semi-offended that there’s not a Melissa polish. If they ever create one, it needs to be a pink. Call me Zoya, we’ll work it out!
1 coat Orly Bonder
2 coats Zoya- Cynthia
1 coat Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
I used to be afraid of dark colors, because I didn’t know how to do proper clean up. I’m so glad I learned, because if I hadn’t, I never would have discovered some of my favorite colors! Cynthia is one of my new favorites. She’s a deep navy teal creme that looks black in every light except for direct sunlight. I know Sandy isn’t a fan of that look, but I quite like it. In direct sunlight, it’s clearly blue and there is a bit of a shimmer that is gorgeous. I added an accent nail, but only because I wanted to test out the glitter I bought, definitely not needed. The formula is wonderful, 2 coats gives you full opacity. My only negative with this one is she’s a bit of a beeya to clean up because she’s so pigmented. However, she’s totally worth it. I’ve been really impressed with both Zoyas I’ve bought, and I will definitely be adding more to my collection. Click the jump for a couple more pictures.
Full disclosure: I have been a bit “meh” over No More Waity, Katie since it’s come out. It had grown on me a bit since then, having seen better swatch pictures, but I still thought it’s over hyped due to Royal Wedding madness, and the fact that it’s a Butter London glitter, which they don’t tend to do very often. So when I made my Butter London shopping list for the Ulta 21 days of Beauty sale, it’s was 3rd on the back up list, and I was originally planning on only buying 4. It was a nice thought. After placing my original online order, I headed to the store with the intent of having the immediate gratification of polishes in my hand. There was a lost bank card fiasco, and I was only able to get 2 polishes, this being one of them. I figure since I REALLY WANTED to other color I bought, this was the “free” one of the BOGOFREE deal. Since my Ulta order doesn’t arrive until tomorrow, and the other BL polish I got is being saved for a different review, NMWK is what I’m working with. Read the rest of this entry
Sadly, I was unable to take advantage of the get 2 Zoya polishes free with any Zoya or Qtica purchase. So to make myself feel better, I bought some Zoyas on my own because I’d been dying to try Zoya out. (I don’t recommend this kind of therapy, it simply isn’t healthy).
1 coat Poshe antimicrobial base
2 coats Zoya – Ki
1 coat Seche Vite top coat
This color is awesome! It’s a duochrome PURPLE. Under the sun in the pool, it’s straight up dark purple. Indoors, it’s metallic greyish-green-purple… gah I love it as I do love most things purple;)
Wear wasn’t bad, application was fine. It was definitely a nice intro to Zoya as I’d never bought one before and this is the first Zoya to be reviewed on the blog. I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to trying out some more.