Category Archives: Nicole by OPI
- Essie Cocktail Bling Collection now on sale.
- Buy ANY 2 Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools, get $6 EC Bucks w/ EC Card. Limit 1 per household w/ card. Includes nail polish.
- REVLON TOP SPEED Nail Polish, on sale for. $3.99, get $3 Register Rewards. Limit one per printed offer.
- Essie Luxeffects should now be in store, $8.
- Not Nail Polish Related, but $1 off coupon for EcoTools Brushes/Set. These are my fave drugstore brushes.
- Jingle Cash Starts!!! (See image for details)
- Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack, pay $9.99, get $3 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- Wet n Wild Little Luxuries set (9 minis), pay $4.99, get $2 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- BOGO50%OFF Nail Enamel, choose from Sally Hansen, Crackle, LA Girl Crackle, CG, Chameleon, Petites or Color Fevers. Possibly Sinful Colors since the picture is shown, but brand not listed. That’s irritating.
- Jesse’s Girl and Styli Style Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF, and get $2 +UP Rewards when you buy $10 worth of JG or SS products.
- ALL Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools are BOGO50%OFF.
- B2G1FREE on Orly and China Glaze Nail Enamel. CG Eye Candy and Orly Mineral FX lines now in store.
- Butter London Nail Polish in Yummy Mummy and Powder Room Polish Remover set, $15 (a $19 value).
- Butter London Holiday Glitter Trio, $36 ($42 value)
- OPI Holiday Dynamic Duos $14.95. Includes a polish and matching lip gloss.
- OPI Glamour Duos, $14.95. Two full size polishes and a set of toe separators.
- Buy 2 OPI polishes, get a free base or top coat.
- OPI Best of the Best 10pc mini packs (2), $24.95 each.
- Ulta Paint the Town or Glitterati 4pk Mini-polish sets, $4.99 each.
- Ulta Lust in Lace 5pc mini pack, $9.95 (LOOKS GORGEOUS)
- Ulta Brand cosmetics/nail polish BOGOFREE, PLUS FREE GIFT
Sally Beauty Supply
- Free Wallet with Purchase of any 3 Finger Paints nail enamels
- China Glaze nail enamel, 2/$10 (excludes crackle, metallic crackle, and Eye Candy)
- Stripe Rite Paint, $2.99
- $.99 Sally Girl Holiday Collection
- $1.99 Mini Bottle of China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- $7.99 for Beauty Secrets hard case 5pc manicure set.
- $9.99 Orly Sets, 3 FULL SIZE bottle of polish, and either a purple suede wristlet (Birds of a Feather Set) OR a pair of mittens.
- $9.99 China Glaze Holiday Spirits set, 3 shades and a wine stopper.
- $7.99 China Glaze gift sets
- $9.99 As Seen On TV Nail Stamping set
- Nicole by OPI Nail Color or Texture, $6.50
This mani got me a ridiculous number of comments, if I may be so modest haha. If you go based on patients at work, this is my most popular nail art to date. Which… is odd haha. It was really simple, for one. And the colors remind me of a 4yo with peel off nail polish riding around like a rockstar in her Barbie car (ignore the fact that this was an image of myself…. :P).
In fact, every time I looked at my nails on Thursday I had the urge to bust into a rendition of “I’m a Barbie Giirrlll in a Barbie worrrrllddd, life in plastic, it’s fantastic!!” and then I would realize that any continuation of those lyrics was probably not office appropriate, haha.
1 coat Seche Rebuild basecoat
2 coats Sinful Colors Easy Going
1 free-hand stripe of Sally Girl 812026
1 coat Nicole by OPI Love Your Life (putting one heart per nail but coating the glitter over the full nail)
1 coat Seche Vita
Simple steps for fantastic compliments? Heck yeah, haha. But, in all seriousness, half the reason
I can justify doing I mix up my nails so much during the work week is because my hands are so in contact with my patients I like them looking nice, and when a design puts a smile on their face or gives us something to chitchat about besides fever/fatigue/bathroom habits/diagnosis/etc, I’d like to think it makes it a little more bearable for them to be in that office 🙂
I make no apologies for my polish obsession… except maybe to my bank account (which I’d like to think gets some sort of amusement at seeing how many times in one week I’ll visit my usual nail polish dealers haha). I also make no apologies for my love of glitter nail polish. When it comes to my nails, the more glitter I can cram on them, THE BETTER. Think of the amount of glitter Ke$sha uses on her entire body and condense it down onto my nails and that’s pretty much my ideal polish. That being said, at least one bottle out of every haul has some kind of tiny sparkly stuff in it….
Today’s included Ulta’s Pinata-Yada-Yada. Now, since this is a new blog, you don’t know that I already own Milani Gems. Aka a fellow dupe of Deborah Lippmann’s Happy Birthday. >Queue the “Hi my name is Jessica…” line.< To the average person they actually would look exactly alike. And pretty much the only reason I noticed a slight coloring difference when I grabbed the Ulta bottle was because I’m an addict and needed to justify getting it haha. PYY’s glitter is a little more vibrant in my opinion, though Gems is still fantastic. When I tried PYY over my current mani of Nicole by OPI’s Jade in the Shade is when I really noticed a difference and was glad I could justify having both. PYY is a clear nail polish with glitter in it. Gems is glitter with a little bit of binding nail polish. I’ll have to play with both a while (like that will be a problem!) but my current reaction is this: Gems is fabulous when you want a solid glitter nail – 3 coats and glitter is all you see. PYY however is a better formula to use as an accent glitter and also dries smoother since it has more polish in it.
I’m LOVING my PYY over JitS mash up. It reminds me a lot of funfetti, and what can be wrong with anything funfetti-esque?
1 coat Seche Clear basecoat + 2 coats Jade in the Shade + 1 coat Seche Vita + 1 coat Pinata-Yada-Yada (didn’t use another coat of SV because I found PYY to dry amazingly fast, but for safety’s sake probably would in the future)
But my Sinful Colors Mint Apple with a Milani Gems ring finger a couple days ago rocked too. 1 coat Seche Restore basecoat + 3 coats MA / 3 coats Gems + 1 coat Seche Vita
Basically, I love them both. And, like Sandy, I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up with the whole dupe collection haha.
PS: I know, I need to post better quality pics. I’ll get on it when I find my camera cord. I think Gambit hid it from me… lol.
PPS: yyaaayyy first post! Water marbling, Piet Mondrian and patriotic posts coming sooon!