Category Archives: Sally Girl
- Essie Cocktail Bling Collection now on sale.
- Buy ANY 2 Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools, get $6 EC Bucks w/ EC Card. Limit 1 per household w/ card. Includes nail polish.
- REVLON TOP SPEED Nail Polish, on sale for. $3.99, get $3 Register Rewards. Limit one per printed offer.
- Essie Luxeffects should now be in store, $8.
- Not Nail Polish Related, but $1 off coupon for EcoTools Brushes/Set. These are my fave drugstore brushes.
- Jingle Cash Starts!!! (See image for details)
- Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack, pay $9.99, get $3 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- Wet n Wild Little Luxuries set (9 minis), pay $4.99, get $2 in +UP Rewards w/ card.
- BOGO50%OFF Nail Enamel, choose from Sally Hansen, Crackle, LA Girl Crackle, CG, Chameleon, Petites or Color Fevers. Possibly Sinful Colors since the picture is shown, but brand not listed. That’s irritating.
- Jesse’s Girl and Styli Style Cosmetics BOGO50%OFF, and get $2 +UP Rewards when you buy $10 worth of JG or SS products.
- ALL Revlon cosmetics or Beauty Tools are BOGO50%OFF.
- B2G1FREE on Orly and China Glaze Nail Enamel. CG Eye Candy and Orly Mineral FX lines now in store.
- Butter London Nail Polish in Yummy Mummy and Powder Room Polish Remover set, $15 (a $19 value).
- Butter London Holiday Glitter Trio, $36 ($42 value)
- OPI Holiday Dynamic Duos $14.95. Includes a polish and matching lip gloss.
- OPI Glamour Duos, $14.95. Two full size polishes and a set of toe separators.
- Buy 2 OPI polishes, get a free base or top coat.
- OPI Best of the Best 10pc mini packs (2), $24.95 each.
- Ulta Paint the Town or Glitterati 4pk Mini-polish sets, $4.99 each.
- Ulta Lust in Lace 5pc mini pack, $9.95 (LOOKS GORGEOUS)
- Ulta Brand cosmetics/nail polish BOGOFREE, PLUS FREE GIFT
Sally Beauty Supply
- Free Wallet with Purchase of any 3 Finger Paints nail enamels
- China Glaze nail enamel, 2/$10 (excludes crackle, metallic crackle, and Eye Candy)
- Stripe Rite Paint, $2.99
- $.99 Sally Girl Holiday Collection
- $1.99 Mini Bottle of China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- $7.99 for Beauty Secrets hard case 5pc manicure set.
- $9.99 Orly Sets, 3 FULL SIZE bottle of polish, and either a purple suede wristlet (Birds of a Feather Set) OR a pair of mittens.
- $9.99 China Glaze Holiday Spirits set, 3 shades and a wine stopper.
- $7.99 China Glaze gift sets
- $9.99 As Seen On TV Nail Stamping set
- Nicole by OPI Nail Color or Texture, $6.50
This mani got me a ridiculous number of comments, if I may be so modest haha. If you go based on patients at work, this is my most popular nail art to date. Which… is odd haha. It was really simple, for one. And the colors remind me of a 4yo with peel off nail polish riding around like a rockstar in her Barbie car (ignore the fact that this was an image of myself…. :P).
In fact, every time I looked at my nails on Thursday I had the urge to bust into a rendition of “I’m a Barbie Giirrlll in a Barbie worrrrllddd, life in plastic, it’s fantastic!!” and then I would realize that any continuation of those lyrics was probably not office appropriate, haha.
1 coat Seche Rebuild basecoat
2 coats Sinful Colors Easy Going
1 free-hand stripe of Sally Girl 812026
1 coat Nicole by OPI Love Your Life (putting one heart per nail but coating the glitter over the full nail)
1 coat Seche Vita
Simple steps for fantastic compliments? Heck yeah, haha. But, in all seriousness, half the reason
I can justify doing I mix up my nails so much during the work week is because my hands are so in contact with my patients I like them looking nice, and when a design puts a smile on their face or gives us something to chitchat about besides fever/fatigue/bathroom habits/diagnosis/etc, I’d like to think it makes it a little more bearable for them to be in that office 🙂
When I thought up this mani, I was pretty sure I’d like it, but I thought it was just gonna be one of my “eh, I’ll add it to my repertoire for when I’m bored”. Pretty sure I underestimated it, as I’ve had it on for two full days of work now, and still think it’s fabulous! I’m not even sure I want to take it off to try out one of my new hauls tonight…
It’s fabulous, easy and chic all at the same time! I started off with one coat Seche Clear base coat, then added 2 coats Sally Girl 812004 (cloud blue) and a layer of Seche Vita because I’m impatient haha. Then I used plain jane scotch tape on the top of the nail in the pattern I chose to block off some of the nail from the Ulta Wild Night and did one coat of that (it really is a testament to that color that it took only ONE coat to get that smoothness and full coverage!). Finished it off with a final coat of Seche Vita and then for funzies added a dot of Milani One Coat Glitter in Gold on the ring finger.
Love.It. It’s held up wonderfully even through work for 2 full days (this pic is actually after them too!) so both colors are great additions to my collection. I even think Mel would love the Sally Girl color, haha. I like to be a little crazy with my nails, so easy nail art makes me happy. One word of warning though, be patient with the base color! I made the mistake of rushing it before it dried and had to do a couple redo’s on my right hand 😦